New Jersey Personal Injury Law: Overview
A personal injury can happen anywhere and at any time, but depending on a number of factors, another party may be culpable for medical costs incurred, loss of wages from an employer, and/or your pain of suffering due to their negligence. Personal injury law is defined as causing “injury to an individual: an actionable injury to an individual person, whether involving physical contact or not and whether fatal or not, but causing pain, discomfort, or injury”.
Below, we offer the basics on NJ personal injury law to help those who may have been victims of personal injury. If you think you may have received a personal injury in NJ, give our New Jersey personal injury attorneys a call to discuss your case at (732)920-5500.
Types of NJ Personal Injury
There are many types of personal injury, and here is a list of the most common types of NJ personal injuries that occur:
• Slip and fall/Premises Liability
• Auto Accidents
• Product Liability
• Medical Malpractice
• Dog Bites/Animal Bites or Injury
• Construction Accidents
• Occupational Site Injuries
• Amusement Park Injuries
• Workplace Incident Injuries
• Wrongful Death
• Dram Shop Liability
New Personal Injury Law: The Next Steps
If you feel you have suffered a personal injury due to another person’s fault, the best next steps are to do the following:
• Document all information of the incident that caused the NJ personal injury possible.
• Collect all medical receipts of related doctors visits/prescriptions/etc.
• Call our NJ personal injury lawyers as soon as possible for a free consultation (every state has a statute of limitations on how long after a personal injury has occurred that a claim can be filed/compensated). Call us at (732)920-5500 today! We can help!